Shawn, I was very active on the board last year when you were on and remember your posts and the pain you were experiencing. I too was battling a bad flare and was down to 135 from 180. I've been in remission almost a year now and back up to 175 and feeling good (knock on wood!!!!). I was also thinking about surgery as a potential option but thank god it did not come to that. Congratulations on all of the successes and let us know how things progress for you.
- 29 y/o single IT professional male residing in Northern VA, USA
- UC Diagnosis - April, 2006 - Symptoms were sudden and drastic
- GI did not determine type of UC as I was too inflamed during the c-scope
- Completed 3rd Prednisone taper on 4/13/07 - Tapered from early January through mid-April after being hospitalized from a bad flare with anemia & severe joint pain.
- Currently in remission and enjoying life again since getting out of the hospital in early Jan 07' from a nasty flare
- Survive on 4 Colazal/day, 1 GNC Multivitamin, occassional Fish oil & Primal Defense Probiotics
- Enjoy the outdoors, relaxing and spending time with family and friends