I am still in the process of being diagnosed and thought I would ask for some advice about how to get my issues under control. My GI tract has been like a war zone over the last year and I am waiting on the path results of colonscopy done last friday.
Endoscopy: gastris but no other abnormality-treated with cipro, fluroque,flagyl
Urine test for carcinoids-negative
CBC panel-serum immunoglobin very high-doc says that indicated inflammation
Gastric Emptying-shorter than normal empty cycle
Small bowel follow-thru study-barium reached colon in 7 minutes-normal time is 30-40.
So that sent me to get a colonscopy
Visual results show abnormal mucosa, erythema,congestion and petechiae in whole colon, sigmoid colon, rectum,ileo-cecal valve,descending colon, ulcer in sigmoid colon-so can we just say everywhere...1 polyp removed from transverse colon.
GI doc put me on Asacol 2x per day -which I am just reading is for ulcerative colitis. He told me I had colitis and path would show the rest but my symptoms aren't jiving with UC I don't think..that is where ya'll come in...
I have to be very,very careful what I eat. Bread, pasta, potatos all send me hurling(literally)to the rest room. Lettuce, eggplant, zucchini and most veggies send me running to the restroom the other way-mid-meal sometimes I BETTER find a restroom quick.
- I alternate between constipation and diarhhea-
- I have some bleeding but thought it was just my roids-doc says he can't tell that really
- I am always bloated-sometimes putting food in just will not work. If I am constipated I will throw up just about everything I try to eat-my 'go to' food eggs now make me sick-
- I am anemic-just came off being a vegetarian...but that is getting under control with meds but still have little energy
- I have pain/cramping in my gut but nothing like the kind of miserable pain I am reading about here-it sucks but it does not put me out of commission. Pain gets pretty severe on the right side sometimes but still...not like what I am reading
- I walk everyday(just finished a marathon in April)so I relieving stress :) but am having some mudheadeness in the last few months that makes it hard to concentrate.
I go back to the GI in 6 weeks. My family is tired of hearing me get sick, I am tired of being sick.
Everything is just very unpredicable right now-foods I used to be able to eat make me ill, I eat something one day and think it is alright and the next day it makes me sick-what the heck am I supposed to eat???
If ya'll were me where would you start to get your self well-
All suggestion are most appreciated!