i get it from time to time but since being in remission it has been much less. i do notice that diet does directly effect my symptoms or rate of reoccurence. for example, had been good with no reflux for a few weeks then had a bad diet drank tons of water and ate some choc cake before bed sun night and mon morning was the worst. i took two tums extra strength which knocked it out. so i have learned for me that if i drink lots of water especially on a somewhat empty stomach i get bad reflux...also choc can set it off for me if im not careful. when diet is good though can tolerate the aforementioned a lot better without problems.
- 29 y/o single IT professional male residing in Northern VA, USA
- UC Diagnosis - April, 2006 - Symptoms were sudden and drastic
- GI did not determine type of UC as I was too inflamed during the c-scope
- Completed 3rd Prednisone taper on 4/13/07 - Tapered from early January through mid-April after being hospitalized from a bad flare with anemia & severe joint pain.
- Currently in remission and enjoying life again since getting out of the hospital in early Jan 07' from a nasty flare
- Survive on 4 Colazal/day, 1 GNC Multivitamin, occassional Fish oil & Primal Defense Probiotics
- Enjoy the outdoors, relaxing and spending time with family and friends