I have been a Kaiser paient since having IBD last year and am now on my 3rd GI. Not at all impressed with their doctors across the board but im sure there are some good ones. My first and second doctors, Dr Bakhshi and Dr Shenk were decent but didnt want to take any time to explain anything or empathize. They did know how to prescribe the right meds which in retrospect is an important aspect of a good GI. My latest GI Dr Butterfield was touted as a good doctor on others recommendations and although my interaction has been minimal given ive been mostly in remission my visit with her was nothing to write home about
. I guess with such a complicated disease we expect more feedback more direction than just here take these pills. I have also heard that Johns Hopkins has good doctors which is in the Baltimore area. Best of luck with your choice.
- 29 y/o single IT professional male residing in Northern VA, USA
- UC Diagnosis - April, 2006 - Symptoms were sudden and drastic
- GI did not determine type of UC as I was too inflamed during the c-scope
- Completed 3rd Prednisone taper on 4/13/07 - Tapered from early January through mid-April after being hospitalized from a bad flare with anemia & severe joint pain.
- Currently in remission and enjoying life again since getting out of the hospital in early Jan 07' from a nasty flare
- Survive on 4 Colazal/day, 1 GNC Multivitamin, occassional Fish oil & Primal Defense Probiotics
- Enjoy the outdoors, relaxing and spending time with family and friends