it's so gentle I doubt it would be noticable, besides when eating fibreous foods (which IBDers need to help bulk up and sweep the bowels clean of bacteria, a little honey would be a big help)...
Advantages of Honey.
1. It is non-irritating to the lining of the digestive tract.
2. It is easily and rapidly assimilated.
3. It quickly furnishes the demand for energy.
4. It enables athletes and others who expand energy heavily to recuperate rapidly from exertion.
5. It is, of all sugars, handled best by the kidneys.
6. It has a natural and gentle laxative effect.
7. It has sedative value, quieting the body.
8. It is easily obtainable.
9. It is inexpensive.
Read the rest of this link to find out all the benefits of honey...
My bum is broken....there's a big crack down the middle of it! LOL :)