I had my 6 month follow up following my PFO closure with a biostar device in August. The hole hasn't fully closed. The cardio said they rate the shunt by 1-10 bubbles, 11-20 bubbles and over 20 and I had well over 20.
I'm disappointed. I think if there's that many going across after 6 months it's unlikely to be fully closed by a year. Then what are the options? Having the procedure again?! It was pretty awful the first time I don't know if I can face it. It feels like it was a bit of a waste of time.
I'm seeing my consultant next month so will see what they say but I'm realistic that nothing will really be decided until 12 months is up in August.
Also as I've already had a stroke, is it likely that I'll be put back on anti-coagulants? I'm only on aspirin now. I was on warfarin prior to closure and Plavix for 3 months after....
Thanks for listening.