I"m having the heart cath on Monday at Shands teaching hospital. I still don't any idea if the doctor is expecting to use stents or CABG or no treatment. During my research i've found that half of heart attacks seem to occur when arteries aren't completely blocked. With CAD in three arteries that is a frightening proposition. With all of the risk factors I have(diabetes, malignant hypertension and family history) I am really concerned about
the possilibity of the physician finding blockages in all three arteries, but then deciding to take a "wait and see" attitude. I'm willing to put in all of the work for the life style changes that have been recommended, but I truly want my doctor to be as aggressive as possible in treating the CAD. I guess i'll know more after Monday!
Thanks for all of the replies from the board. It's a help to know there are others out there facing similar issues.