Hi Andy, Great question !
Snacking can be very good for you, and there are many heart-healthy options. The best snacks for your heart are fruits, vegetables, nuts (a great source of the heart-healthy fats that we all need), and non-fat or low-fat dairy products. Here are a few heart-healthy snack suggestions:
- Low-fat yogurt with fresh berries
- Low-fat cottage cheese with sliced bananas
- A small handful of raw or dry-roasted nuts (limit portions to 1/4 to 1/3 cup, because nuts are calorie dense)
- Homemade trail mix combining nuts, seeds and dried fruit
- A piece of whole-grain toast with natural peanut butter (ingredients should include only peanuts and salt)
- An apple or banana with a tablespoon or two of peanut butter
~~Kitt~~Moderator: Anxiety/Panic, Osteoarthritis, GERD/Heartburn and Heart/Cardiovascular Disease. www.healingwell.com"If you can't change the world, change your world"