I would touch base with your doctor. The following are possible symptoms of a leaking valve:
Some of the most common symptoms of leaky heart valves are:
- Shortness of breath, especially with exertion or when you lie down
- Fatigue, especially during times of increased activity
- Cough, especially at night or when lying down
- Heart palpitations — sensations of a rapid, fluttering heartbeat
- Swollen feet or ankles
- Heart murmur
- Excessive urination
- Chest pain (angina) or tightness
- Feeling faint or fainting with exertion
Which valve did they say it was that you have leaking?
My husband (48, and very fit) has a severe leaking aortic valve and it is a matter of time (depending on chamber measurements) before he will need to have it replaced. Every night he suffers from heart beating super fast, chest pain, ect. I told him I want to get a recliner so that when he has these symptoms, he can sleep reclined in it but not lie flat.
I am sorry you are going through this but want to encourage you that modern medicine/ technology is incredible. With your doctors' care, you should be fine, even with replacement.
Take Care and God Bless!