Anyone who's ever had a Heart Attack knows that after talking to others that not everyone has the same symptoms and signs of an impending Heart
Some people, especially women seem to have either no symptoms, or what is called a 'Silent Heart Attack', which is what I had. Other women have very different symptoms, such as reflux, or even an asthma type symptom.
Don't ever ignore these things, as the earlier you are seen by medical professionals you may be preventing a heart attack or severe damage to your heart!! Teri
"If you are having any one of the symptoms described below that lasts for more than 5 minutes, SEEK EMERGENCY TREATMENT (CALL 9-1-1) WITHOUT DELAY. These symptoms could be the signs of a heart attack and immediate treatment is essential."
VIEW IMAGESymptoms of a heart attack include:
- Chest pain or discomfort in the center of the chest; a “squeezing,” “heaviness” or “crushing” feeling that lasts for more than a few minutes or goes away and comes back
- Pain or discomfort in other areas of the upper body including the arms, back, neck, jaw, or stomach
- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
- Sweating or “cold sweat”
- Fullness, indigestion, or choking feeling (may feel like “heartburn”)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Extreme weakness or anxiety
- Rapid or irregular heart beats