I am new to the forum and I’ve never participated on a medical related forum so please excuse my lack of knowledge.
I am currently on a offshore drilling rig off the West Coast of Africa. My body recently has been acting a little different which makes me concern. As you can imagine it is very difficult to leave here and seek medical attention so that is why I am researching and trying to gain as much knowledge as I can before I contact my manager and make the appropriate logistical plan to go to an appropriate hospital.
· I am a 30 yrs old male
· 5ft 11inches.
· 189lbs or 87 Kilos
· Allergy to shell fish developed 5yrs ago.
· I smoke on average of 10 cigarettes a day. (I’ve quit 3 days now since I’ve started to feel strange’)
· 1 week ago after a big night of partying I was having sex and my heart beat got incredibly fast; it felt like it was going to pop out of my chest and, I was out of breath.
· I am not exactly sure when I started to feel light tightness on the chest area but it has been noticeable ever since this experience.
· I have energy, and am able to jog and run for solid 20mins without feeling unwell or irregular breathing.
· My blood pressure is normal ‘taken by rig doctor’
· Rig Doctor listened to my heart and stomach and gave me heart burn medicine’
· I am noticing a minor shortage of breath when I am resting and recently have started to cough.
· I had an irregular heart beat when I moved in the middle tonight for the first time.
· I sleep and I breathe very shallow recently when sleeping.
I’ve read up on the internet about healthy eating habits for people with heart issues and have started to implement it in my diet.
Post Edited (Brazil) : 11/17/2011 1:00:27 AM (GMT-7)