After many doctor visits I was told that I have SVT. The syptoms I have are pretty intense and occur all day or half a day. I always knew something was not right, but as always doctors want to blame it on stress. The doctor gave me two options; one is medication for the rest of my life, which he's oppose to because Im young and the other is a small procedure with ablation. I was told its a very quick small procedure that will go through my vein. Im currently on medication and feeling great. I do have a few episodes here and there but its due to the medication wearing off. Im very hesitate about the procedure because nothing is gurantee but after hearing the many stories on the forum Im having doubts about it. It seems that when you go through the first procedure your condition worsens or will need to take more than one procedure. My doctor didnt explain the effects to it or long term effects but after my research it seems like its not going to be an easy decision to make. Would you say that I should pass on the procedure and stay on my current meds? Sounds like thats the safest route to go. If things could have been different would you have not gone through with the procedure?
My heart goes out to all of you that are struggling and facing storms with this condition. I know its not an easy condition to live with, especially when your symptoms worsen. I pray that things work out for everyone of you and you receive the answers and recovery needed.