Hi and Welcome to HealingWell, David!!
I will be celebrating 1 year post op triple bypass on Aug. 24th!
I do know what you speak of as I am plagued by a few things as well, though I have to tell you, that I'm so happy that I had my bypass, cuz it gave me 6 months of pain free time from Angina!
It's no secret that there has been a term given to the after effects of 'on pump surgery patients being called Pumpheads'. I've read that 85% of all post op patients regain most if not all their memory by a year. The other 15%???
Recently, though, there have been studies reputing this info?? I'll see if I can find something on that.
I have a pain on my left rib and it continues to cause minor pain when I cough or sometimes just because -- I had pleurisy after the surgery, though fortunately no Pleural Effusion (PE). The Dr. told me that is still from the surgery and I really don't worry much about it, as during this type of surgery, you have trauma to muscles, bone, nerves, etc.
I'm so sorry to hear that after 10 yrs. you seem to have these problems!! Write back and I'll see what info I can find, David!
"Because he is he and I am I."......E. V. Lucas
"I Hope You Dance".............LeeAnn Womack
Please allow HealingWell to continue helping others by donating: