I am considering having a stress test but it's rather expensive over here...so wondering what test might be enough...here is my information:
- male, 45 years old, non smoker, regular exersice, 10km runs per day without any effort or exhaustion
- blood pressure in the 120/80 range all day, all night (have a machine)
- parents alive in mid 70's, grandparents lived to mid 90's , no bad heart history
- good diet, bmi 27.5
- used to drink a lot about 5 years ago (now every couple of weeks or so)
- pretty bad anxiety and hypochondria
- pain in the heart sometimes, not much, but noticeable, this can occur at rest, with movement or with exercise...but very mild pain that sometimes moves to other parts of my chest, not just the heart. I've had this pain for about 5 years and it comes and goes, sometimes for months on end.
The stress test is $750 in Thailand...is there another cheaper way to check if I'm ok? Additionally, I heard that stress tests to people who might not need them could cause false positives?