Posted 9/26/2005 10:12 PM (GMT -7)
Stopping by to let you know what I found out....
Sorry for the long post!!!
This DR, acted as if I was wasting his time... He's a big time Professor and I guess my problem didn't seem so big to him.
He said to me what do you want?? I couldn't believe what he said! It was like I was taking up his time for a petty reason...
I told him that I wanted to know what could be done... HE said that the Annie was on the outside of the brain which is good, but there is a lot of tissue to move to get to it. ( should it burst) If we decided to go in and coil it, it would be done by an angiogram which the radiologist does, not him... He felt like it was something that could be done but he said that with this type of Annie, the odds of it bursting are low. I then asked him what he would recommend doing. He said just to follow up with MRI in a year. to watch for changes. I told him that when I seen the last Neruo in INDY (which he knew) that I was just told that there wasn't anything that could be done ... other than wait, follow up with an MRI. He said that all of my symptoms that I'm suffering from are not related to the Annie, which I already knew that. He said he could set me up with their MS clinic. then he asked me about my migraines I told him that they start out in different places but all most always they feel like they are going to blow out my right eye, He said that this wasn't related to the Annie because my is on the left and it would be the left eye hurting, instead of the right! and I would know if it was the Annie because I would feel like I had been hit in the head by a baseball bat, that these were migraines not caused from the Annie. he then said again he could set me up with the MS clinic there.
He told me that he could schedule me to have it coiled so I could have peace of mind. I asked him what the risks were to have it done?
He said the risks are a stoke, reaction from the type of dye they use or problems with the coil. I then asked him to show me my Annie on my MRI films, he put it up and pointed it out to us and then said he wasn't sure it was an Annie ???? He then said to me, What do you want to do??? I told him I was going home to think about this. That I had 2 Boys to think of first, I have to weight what he had just told me. because the last I knew was nothing could be done, Now I find out that the odds are low risk for it bursting! And if they were to go in, I can have a stoke.
It wasn't until after I had left when his words of I'm not sure it's an Annie hit me??? so I don't know what he was thinking other than it could be a tumor or a blood clot.
SOOO... at this point I think I'm more confused than I was before going up there.
I don't know what to do at this point. 3 different Neruo's and they all have a difference of opinion, which not one of them match.
So for now I'm going to try to find some research on the web to see what I can find, so that I can try to make a "GOOD DECISION"
Do you just gamble with the "low risk" of rupture? by doing nothing or
do you gamble the "risk of stoke" to rid yourself of the "Low risk" of rupture?
So you can see why I'm going nuts!!!!
before I make a decision I'm going to talk to my GP to see what she thinks and maybe it will take one more opinion before I'll be comfortable enough to make a decision, because at this point I can't make a decision based on what I know so far.
I guess the good man up stairs knows what he has planned for me to do, and i'll know in due time. but in the mean time I feel like I have been hit by a train and I'm still being dragged by it.
it starting to a point when you start to feel numb to it all. But I know it will get better soon I just have to hang in there and keep asking why and how to these doctors.
Sorry for the long post but I wanted to up date everyone, and thank you all for your support and friendship! God knows I've really needed through this nightmare!
Take care and I'll talk to you all soon.
Left Cavernous Brain Aneurysm: 05, IBS: 04, Day Time Hypersomnia: 04,Kidney stones: 03,04
9 Brain Lesions: 03, possible MS, Lyme or (Lupus - ruled out), Hyperthyroidism: 01, Fibromyalgia: 90,
Degenerative Disc Disease/ Osteoarthritis: dx: 85
Premarin, Synthyroid, Provigil, Xanax, Loratab, Flexeril, Baby aspirin, Lexapro