I am a graduate student of Fudan University in China.My father lived in a small village in the north of China.This summer he was sent to hospital because of heart disease. The systom and some checking results are as following:
(1) dysrythmia,cardiac insufficiency,atrial fibrillation,valvuar insufficiency,cardiac failure,no pains feeling
(2) low pressure of blood 90(high pressure)/60(low pressure)
(3) The density of blood-fat is not high.
(4) The right ventricle and both of atriums expanded to 1.6 times bigger than normal,but the size of the left ventricle remains normal
(5) the wall of the left ventricle became thinner
(6) the cardiac muscles of left ventricle contract well but do not move
The doctors in the hospital can not diagnose his disease whether it is dilated cardiomyopathy or myocardial infarction.Now my father can not walk a long distance and feels oppressed sometimes.He is very thin and only fifty three years old.
The doctor said that there is only a probability of 20% that he can live for five years.
Would you please give me some suggestions about his strange disease?
I will feel grateful of your help!
Post Edited By Moderator (Teri16) : 10/22/2005 10:08:29 AM (GMT-6)