Posted 10/4/2015 10:21 AM (GMT -6)
Im posting since most people only post problems and i thought this might help someone.
I found i had ASD 5 months ago.
Originally advised for open heart but decided i would give a initial go with the devices.
I think its a no brainer to go with the device given the recovery time and risk involved.
If it didnt work there is always open heart. I kind of relate it to getting pants from the store vs getting one from a tailor.
I was on local anesthesia 4 days ago (i think its local, i was awake but not too awake)
It took the doc under an hour to try out the different fits. Things seem to have worked and i was ready to
go home in 5 hrs time. The next day scans seemed to please the doctor. Already my right
ventricle started reducing towards normal.
Feel like a million. Will know the absolute truth in December checkup, lets see if Santa is nice to me.
Would i do it again, yes. The hospital visit was a breeze.
Feel free to communicate with me, been through quite a bit and can try and help.
male 36 yrs