Woke up with heart racing so fast

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Jds82
New Member


Date Joined May 2016
Total Posts : 7
   Posted 5/16/2016 9:22 PM (GMT -7)   
Hi guys. My first time here. I woke up tonight with my heart beating extremely fast. I have never had it beat so fast. I thought for sure I was about to have a heart attack.

The reason I woke up was because my son started crying. Hes 1 year old. But this happens often and I've never had this happen with my heart.

I do believe I have some form of sleep apnea. Trouble breathing through my nose especially at night and I snore. I also have times where my body is asleep but mind awake and i stop breathing and have to fight very hard to wake up so I breathe finally. Its like being under water and you are fighting to reach the surface and when you finally do you take a huge gasp for air.

Its quite scary. But what happened tonight was a whole new occurrence. My heart was beating like a high hat so fast.

I saw some info online that was pretty helpful which explains how 80% of the night your heart rate and blood pressure are very slow and the other 20% when you are in a dream state it is faster. Also linking the heart rate to OSA.

Here is the link. Anyone have any advice?

John

http://sleepcenter.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id
Laughter is music for the heart to dance to*

theHTreturns...
Elite Member


Date Joined Mar 2009
Total Posts : 20098
   Posted 5/17/2016 12:46 AM (GMT -7)   
hi, a sleep study is helpful, and is the only real way of a clear osas dx. everything is wired up and all sats are monitored. with rem cycles there are changes in hr. I utilize a cpap, and my sleep disorders were also dx as well. sleep maintenance insomnia and very acute sleep apnea. keep well.
THE HAPPY TURTLE.

A QUOTE FROM THE HAPPY TURTLE THAT REFLECTS ME.

"COMPLEXITY IS MY WAY OF EXPRESSING MY NEEDS IN A MANNER THAT IS NEITHER DESTRUCTIVE, NOR NEGATIVE"
'
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:15 PM (GMT -7)
There are a total of 2,931,285 posts in 321,618 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 160346 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, jowens521.
377 Guest(s), 18 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
L.Botev, 81GyGuy, SusanneC, cycling_sasquatch, auzzie, Scaredy Cat, BJD55, Serfr, Spanish, owleyes, quincy, garyi, OriolCarol, Supportive Daughter, Tim Tam, Tall Allen, straydog, Tena believes