Hi Wanda, I tend to get more swelling in my abdomen, too. Prior to the CHF I had more swelling in my feet and hands, though. That article has a link to another page that discusses the diagnosis and treatment, etc. of heart failure. It depends upon what side you have the heart failure of where your swelling occurs IF I understand the article correctly. Here is an excerpt:
"The signs and symptoms of heart failure depend on which side of the heart is affected, but can include:
- Shortness of breath, either on exertion, or when lying down.
- Tiredness and fatigue.
- Asthma due to the heart problem.
- Swelling due to excess water in the body (particularly swollen ankles).
- Blueness (or duskiness) of the skin.
- Enlargement of the heart."
http://www.patienthealthinternational.com/article/501299.aspx is the direct link.
I'm not sure there is a test, but would like to hear from others, as well.