I am a new member, but have experience in another forum.
Just a little history for our members:
I am a white male, 38 years old, married for 8 years, divorced for the last 10 years. One child, a daughter.
I felt my first PVC when I was 28 years old, during the ending of my marriage. There was a great deal of stress. :)
I was laying next to my wife at the time, no love during that time. And out of the blue, I felt my heart just stop for what seemed like forever! But, I know now, that it was just the resetting of my heart beat.
It felt like I was falling, but I was laying down trying to sleep. Wow! It was scary! Over that month, I was having a lot of PVC's leading to the divorce. They were so bad I went to the ER, because I thought it was a heart attack.
In the ER, they hooked me to the ECG, and they said it read normal. Of course I was not having them when I got to the hospital. :) I know most of us have had this happen. PVC's like to hide and make us look crazy! :)
Anyway, I have lived with PVC's for 10 years now. With age, they seem to be more frequent. I have good weeks and I have horrible weeks. But, I am still living, you know. :) So, I guess it is like they say, they are benign.
How to deal with your PVC's:
1. If you drink alcohol, stop! Mine were awful if I was drinking.
3. If you drink large amounts of caffeine, cut back or stop. Be careful for the caffeine withdrawl headache! PVC's and headaches do not mix at all, ease off the caffeine when you stop.
4. If you smoke tobacco, try to quit, or reduce your smoking. It is hard, I still smoke.
5. Avoid eating large meals, and certain foods. (This is where mine are at there worst, eating anything!) >:(
6. Use meditation and relaxation techniques. Research to find what works best for you, everyone is different. :)
7. Exercise! If the doctor says it is okay. :) I use my drum kit for Guitar Hero: Metallica and Rockbands. It is important to find an exercise you like, so you will stay with it. :)
If I am having PVC's really bad...I am one of the lucky ones. I can lay down and 9 times out of 10, they will go away.
A short nap works wonders for me as well. If that does not work, I lay on my stomach with my head propped up, pillow under my chin...with a fan blowing on me from head to toes. Using deep breathing techniques.
What really seems to have helped me the most tho, was life changes.
My weight was 280 pounds, now I an 229 pounds.
My blood pressure was, 171/111 .... now I am at 132/89
My heart rate was 90 bpm, now it is 75 bpm
My apologizes to the moderator for such a long post, but I know how crazy PVC's can make us. And I want to help as many people as I can, with as much info as I can. I will check back in to your forum and see if I have gotten any responses or questions. Feel free to ask me, I will do my best to answer and help.
Best of health to all, and remember...you are not alone.
<Edit> Rule 1. No discussion of illicit drug use.
Your input and advice has been greatly appreciated here, I do hope you understand why I have had to edit this post. Thank you ~ Kitt
Post Edited By Moderator (stkitt) : 7/8/2010 8:09:53 AM (GMT-6)