Which of the following have you found to be of major concern to family members of people with Heart Disease?
Coping - 25.0% - 1 votes
Teaching Needs - 0.0% - 0 votes
Finances - 0.0% - 0 votes
Role Responsibilities - 0.0% - 0 votes
All of the above - 50.0% - 2 votes
Other (please email or reply your response to board) - 25.0% - 1 votes
Posted 4/6/2006 6:17 PM (GMT -6)
Hello to all. My name is LaQuitta, I am a nursing student at Bethune-Cookman College. I am assigned Heart Disease for my Term Project. Part of my project requires me to participate in some type of online support groups, sessions, chats, and message boards/forums. I found this website and became excited that there was a Message Board and that the members on this site actually participate in. I would greatly appreciate if you would assist me by providing any information you may have on the questions below. Thank you in advance for your help.
1. What is the difference about the management of Heart Disease across varying developmental age groups and/or ethnic groups?
2. What emotional impact does Heart Disease have on the person diagnosed?
3. What could be identified as possible home care needs for adults suffering from Heart Disease?
4. What impact does Heart Disease have on the community and society?
5. Is the disease viewed differently in various cultural and socioeconomic groups.
6. What are potential ethical issues related to this disease?
Posted 4/7/2006 11:31 AM (GMT -6)
Posted 4/9/2006 4:49 PM (GMT -6)
I had heart disease, i am a black female and the doctors at our local training hospital did not take my symptoms serious enough. They almost killed me. Thank goodness my mom and sister are registered nurses and was able to give me great advice.
Also i did a lot of research on my own and read about other people's treatment. That made me able to talk to my doctors and get better treatment. To date my heart disease has been abated. i must keep a watchful eye on the problem bcuz I am also diabetic.
JUST MY TWO CENTS.