I think diet is the best way to go about
1) stop eating refined products and high glycemic foods
2) Lots of vegetables, at least 10 per day, Broccoli, spinach, Red onions, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, green beans and so on...
3) upto 5 fruits per day, blueberries, strawberries, red apples to name a few
4) Drink 5 cups of green tea
5) Eat fish like salmon at least twice a week
6) Daily exercise
7) Eat legumes (beans)
8) Eat nuts, almonds and walnuts
9) Porridge (oats)
10) The most important, EAT LESS!
Follow the link below and read
Calorie Restriction Drastically Reduces Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke and Diabetes
I got my Cholesterol to what it is purely by eating healthily and consuming less calories. Dietary restriction is SO powerful, even if one has a genetic predisposition to high cholesterol. PM me if you would like more details on CR.
I also have a family history of heart trouble, but guess what? They all eat the same crap and don't eat properly. We are always looking for different causes of high cholesterol such as genetics. But with diet you 'CAN' control it without medication.
Blood Pressure = 90/60
Total Cholesterol = 120mg (3.1)
HDL cholesterol = 46mg/dl
LDL cholesterol = 65mg/dl
Triglycerides = 35mg/dl
Post Edited (whoa182) : 7/5/2006 4:59:21 AM (GMT-6)