Hello, I'm new here, 24 year old male. Call me Mo. I was trying to research my issues and came to this website. I finally got a GI appoinment but it isn't until May 11th. I thought I'd get some info from you guys before I go there and explain to him what's going on.
1. I have stomach GAS 24/7....I burp all the time. Luckily, I can do it quietly w/out having people noticing it.
2. I have excessive stomach acid. To a point where it will come up my throat, in to my mouth. Sometimes at night, it can get very bad where I'll have to push it out because food is stuck in my throat. It brings up more acid w/ food.
3. Shortness of breath. More like, every few breats, I'll have to take a deep one because it feels like I didn't take enough air in.
4. Feels like something is stuck in my throat a lot of the times (could be from acid?)
5. I have burning throughout my stomach sometimes.
6. Oh, and to top that, I also have IBS symptoms.
Sounds like GERD? I don't have heartburn...at least I don't think I do. I mean, I am exactly not sure what it is but I do not have burning chest. Though I'll have enough gas to have pain in my stomach and chest. Sometimes it feels like I'm having a heart attack. I'm so used to it now, to a point, I know it's not my heart.
Do these sound correct to you guys? I'm especially worried about the breathing, having to take deep breath every few breaths...and the lump feeling in my throat......drives me insane sometimes.
Post Edited (MohaimenK) : 4/28/2008 8:04:32 AM (GMT-6)