So right around the end of Feb. 08 for no apparent reason I started feeling:
- Dryness in the bottom of my throat.
- Patches of dryness.
- Horse voice if I spoke for more than 15min straight
- No heartburn, no extra gas, burping or anything kind of reflux
I went to my regular doctor a few times and nothing was diagnosed correctly. The dryness and soreness continued through the entire month of March. Again no symptoms of heartburn, gas, buring or reflux.
On March 31st, 2008 I went to see an ear, nose and throat specialist. He:
- Numbed my nose and throat and stuck a fiber optic lense up my nose and down my throat
- Said my lower throat was red and irritated
- Diagnosed me with acid reflux sore throat (I guess this is GERD?)
- Prescribed Protonix (Pantoprazole) 40mg once per day
I took Protonix for a few days and experienced:
- Feeling very bloated
- Loss of appetite
- Constant burping
- Started feeling acid reflux, bad taste in back of mouth
- Stoped taking Protonix after a few dosages.
- continued feeling the reflux symptoms, especially after dinner, during sleep, and when I wake up.
Returned to ENT on April 23rd:
- He just said ok, try this instead
- And prescribed Aciphex 20mg once per day before breakfast
- This drug seemed to fix the the reflux and acid but
- left me burping all the time
- And I read all this negative stuff about it here http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=20973&name=ACIPHEX
- So I stopped taking Aciphex. The last dose I took was the morning of the 29th.
- I seemed to be ok most of today (30th) until I ate dinner (two chicken breasts)
- a lot of burping still
- I could feel the reflux staring up again :(
Anyways, I sorry about all the blabbing, but I wanted to get all the facts out on the table. I am not one that likes to take drugs at all. Normally it's a last resort. I hate all the side effects of these drugs.
- Does anyone have any ideas of the condition that I have?
- Any ideas of natural remedies I can do to help with this?