Songbird, welcome to our site; by our, I mean everyone who comes here. You will find an amazing amount of knowledge and help. To give you hope and something to hold on to I'll pass along the wisdom that was given to me: 90% of your healing will occur in the first 8 weeks; the remaining 10% will take a year.
Your chest pain, specifically the spasms in your esophagus are fairly normal; at least by my experience and others that have posted here and shared with me; the spasms seemed to peak around week 3 and 4 and slowly began to ease after week 5. Try drinking..I should say, sipping, warm liquids, especially caffeine free teas or very warm water, this will help with the tension in your muscles.
The pain around your incision sites are also normal; heat helped me a lot. Most of the sites ( I had 7) healed up without too much pain, but two of the sites hurt for a long time. Your pain is normal, so don't give up on your pain meds if you're having pain like this. Many of us used our pain meds for a long time; we didn't have problems with addictions or other issues because our use was prudent, but we did use it.
I had significant problems swallowing after my surgery, but I can't say that I had a lump in my throat, so I really can't address this issue. There is a lot of swelling in your esophagus following this surgery and it does last a long time, it may be that the lump is part of this, but I can't say for certain.
My symptoms were atypical, including the problems associated with voice; I am now 4 1/2 months post and my voice is strong and I am able to sing again. I feel better than I have in years and if you're asking yourself the same question I did when I was at the stage you are..here is my answer...Yes, this surgery was worth it!
Welcome to the other side!! I know you'll be feeling better soon.