Hi, I am suppose to have laparoscopic surgery for my paraesphogal hiatal hernia. Problem is my insurance is up at the end of this month so I am trying to rush and get this procedure done this month, even though I am scared to have it done. If I wait my personel insurance deductable will probably be high, and I hope its not going to count as a pre-existing condition.
I also am planning a trip to Hawaii on sept.2 -9 and I want to be healed enough to be able to eat and enjoy myself. We always have cocktails while out there also.
Can you guys give me advise as to if you think I should wait til after my holiday and pay more, or should I do it on the 20th and be done with it. I am tired of the bloated feeling all the time, and almost always have acid reflux. I take my meds but sometimes still have breakthrough heartburn.
I have heard that after the surgery you have problems swallowing, and I am worried about that. And the not being able to burp sounds like it is worse than it is for me now.
So what do you think, wait and go to hawaii on sept. 2, then have the surgery later. I was told that the hernia is small to moderate in size. I don't want to be searching for soft food in hawai and not be able to enjoy myself.
And the plane ride is 8 hrs. will that affect my recovery.
Basically I will have about 1 month and 1 week to recover before leaving.
Help I need advise.