I'm scheduled to have the EsophyX in December.
- What is the success rate?
90 percent, but if it fails it can easily be repaired or you can change to a nissen.
- Comments from individuals that has had it already and how is it working out for them
My nurse's 17yr old daughter had it done and was eating solid food in a month. A year later she's like she never had GERD.
- How long did it take for the benefits to be felt
I was told immediately
- We live in the Midwest however we are willing to travel to find a doctor with more experience with this procedure does anyone have a recommendation on how to find this information or a doctor they would like to recommend. Would like to find someone who may have done at least a hundred or more of these as opposed to someone who just started doing this and has done about 20 of them.
My doctor takes out of state patients. He is the leader in this procedure and teaches others how to do it. He can take your files over the internet thru email and evaluate them. He tries to do everything in a week for out of town people. He has done over 130 procedures. I'll send you a weblink.
- Is there anything else I should be asking to make sure this is right for her
Does she have any motility trouble?
I'm the only one here who is scheduled right now for the procedure. I've done extensive research on the subject and am praying that my HH is not too big.
Health problems: sleep apnea, hypothyroidism, GERD, glaucoma, OA, environmental, food, and drug allergies, asthma, high cholesterol, pre-diabetic
Medications:Nexium 2X a day, 300mg Zantac, K-Dur, Lasix 2X a day, Zyrtec, Zocor, Lumigan, fish oil, B12, Substex, calcium + D, Advair, Albuteral, nebulizer
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
Post Edited (couchtater) : 10/31/2009 8:55:15 PM (GMT-6)