Where to turn next

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Regular Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 47
   Posted 10/12/2009 4:47 PM (GMT -6)   
Ok, I have posted here a couple of time so I hope I can get some help. I have recently been having some pain in right side of my chest area, actually upper stomach more than chest, accompanied by a pain in my back/shoulder on right side. Some times my ribs start to hurt i nthat area. I am sitting here now right after eating and it feels awful. I was just at the er last week and they checked me out and felt it was just stress related. This pain seems to move from left to right side of my stomach chest area. If I am busy, I do not even notice any pain (maybe it jsut is not there). Both doc says my heart is A-1. My GP doc does not notice anything either. I thne have no other symptoms after a bit. I am trying to see if it is related to occurring only after eating like it did this time. Everything else is normal.(no D, no urge to go, nothing in this area) They both felt around in my stomach and pushed and such, but there was no pain. Heck even when I went to the doc that day, I felt great.
If there is a test my doc should do, let me know so I can insist since he does not feel anything is wrong. If it is just stress, how can I make it go away since I really do not feel all that stressed. (odd though because I have been irritable lately)

Elite Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 32602
   Posted 10/12/2009 5:00 PM (GMT -6)   
Hello and I am sorry you are having problems.  You could try to keep a diary of what you have eaten and when does the pain start.  Describe your pain in your diary so you can look back and see if there is a pattern to this pain.
Stress and anxiety can cause many sx.  We have a great Anxiety and Panic Forum if you would like to post your sx there and see what the members have to say that may help you.
Here is the link for A & P Forum:
Wish I had a better answer for you.  Take care.


Moderator: Osteoarthritis, GERD/Heartburn  &
http://www.healingwell.com/donate *~*
"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others."
"I am not a mental health professional, nor do I play one on TV, I just kind of talk like one!"

New Member

Date Joined Oct 2009
Total Posts : 17
   Posted 10/13/2009 12:50 AM (GMT -6)   
poster said...
some pain in right side of my chest area, actually upper stomach more than chest, accompanied by a pain in my back/shoulder on right side. Some times my ribs start to hurt i nthat area
idea   You know what that is? That is gallbladder pain.  You need a gallbladder ultrasound.  Pain that radiates into your back is classic for gallstones, on the right, just at the base of the ribs.

Veteran Member

Date Joined Dec 2008
Total Posts : 4961
   Posted 10/13/2009 1:23 AM (GMT -6)   
Not necessarily gallstones, but a gallbladder problem of some sort is feasible. I didn't have any stones, but my gallbladder quit working and the only test that shows that is a Hidascan. The ER doc told me it couldn't be my gallbladder because the ultrasound didn't show any gall stones and I wasn't a female. SO according to him my gallbladder that wasn't functioning was fine becasue it didn't have any stones and I wasn't female. Some docs are nuts! Anyhow I did have it removed about 2 weeks after he said it wasn't bad. Have it checked for stones, but if that doesn't show anything insist on a Hida scan. It will show if it can fill up and empty correctly.

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, September 24, 2018 6:00 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 3,006,224 posts in 329,318 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 161825 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, TheRayf.
261 Guest(s), 9 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
BangedUp, super20dan, mattamx, Fegyduck7, Serenity Now, 61Impala, Alxander, CCinPA, Subdenis