This was the closest forum I could find to fit my symptoms. I found the website while researching some rather strange symptoms....
Last March (2009) for two Saturday nights in a row I experienced some of the worst pains I've ever experienced in my stomach. The only way I can think to describe them was the tired feeling from doing 1,000 crunches along with very painful spasms in the upper middle part of my stomach where my ribs splay open. Both lasted from about 9:30 PM to 3:30 AM. The doctor prescribed me Hyomax (puts me out like a light) which helps... unfortunately, it's not practical for me to take it for every attack.
I didn't expereince another attack until May I think it was. I work the GA Renaissance Festival and attributed it to being laced to tightly in my corset. It only lasted for a few hours with a few heaves like I was going to get sick. The attacks really started flaring up around July-August of last year, to the point that I had to take a full month off from work.
Another thing that might be helpful: from the end of August to the end of September, my period became very irregular, and I bled for a month solid. I've been on Otho Tri-Cyclen Lo for the past 5 years and never missed or had an irregular period. In addition to the strange bleeding, I would go through attacks of heaving like I would throw up every 5 minutes or so for a few hours at a time. The symptoms would disappear just as mysteriously as they appeared. I only threw up once during that entire month but experienced the attacks almost nightly.
I didn't have another attack until last night (1/18/2010). Pain just as unbearable as before. However, today I became very dizzy about 2:00 to the point I thought I was going to pass out.
My doctors all look at me like I'm crazy. From reading in this forum alone, I know others have this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I've listed my symptoms below
- Intense pain where my ribs splay open
- Laying on my back with my legs curled helps slight
- Not moving moves them from an 8 to a 5
- Feels like I've done an excess amount of crunches (tired feeling)
- Not really a "nauseous I'm gunna vomit" feeling, just "nauseous, dear God someone is ripping my stomach out feeling"
- I feel a constant twinge in my stomach for a few days after an attack. Everything is normal except my appetite is a little down
- Weirdest Thing: NO diarrhea, NO vomitting, NO acid period
- Blood tests normal. Abdominal ultrasound normal