Hi everyone, I have suffered from GERD for about 3 years now (I thought it was 2 years, but I realized it's 3 now). I want to have the Laproscopic Fundoplication, but first want to hear peoples' testimonials (good or bad) who have already had this surgery. I want to be freed of this pain I have everyday, but am also very scared as I have never had surgery before.
Also, if anyone can answer the below questions, I will be very happy!
1) I have heard that people can experience feelings of nausea after the surgery especially if they over eat -- is this true? Is the nausea a constant feeling or spuratic?
2) I have also heard that you can never vomit again. What happens if you have the flu or food poisoning and the vomit comes up but cannot be expelled? Can a person choke to death this way?
3) Is there anyone who had the surgery before becoming pregnant and found that it helped a lot with the "pregnancy heartburn"?
4) Is there a lot of gas and bloating after surgery? For how long? If so, is the gas more painful post surgery? What about constipation or blockages?
5) Has anyone had the surgery and is now plagued with the acid reflux again?
6) Can the surgery ever be "undone" if you are not happy with it?
Thank you in advance to all of you who have been so kind to answer my many questions! Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.