I believe I am suffering from G.E.R.D. as it runs in my family; my Father and his Mum (my Grandmother) suffer from it as does my Uncle. It started around five or six months ago when I started getting a bitter taste in my mouth all the time, slightly watery mouth and acid travelling up my esophagus in the mornings which almost makes me vomit on occasion (although I never have). I wouldn't say it has gotten any worse and sometimes it isn't so bad/barely noticeable. It all depends on what I've eaten (I have a liking for spicy food which is terrible for it I'm told) and also apparently how stressed I am (it is much worse if I'm stressed out).
My main symptoms are:
- Acid taste in mouth, kinda watery.
- Burning feeling below my breast bone/middle tummy area which travels up my esophagus.
- Frequent watery sounds coming from my stomach.
- Excess gas/belching.
- Hoarseness and sometimes globus in throat.
- Excess mucus in throat.
I know the above are all classic G.E.R.D. symptoms, but the ones I have that don't seem to be are:
- Kinda sharp but not very painful pain just above my belly button area, sometimes to the left or right (it moves around).
- My stools are kinda looser but no constipation or diarrhea and no warning colours (black, red, bright yellow, white/pale).
- Stools are also sometimes a brown orange colour, rather than dark brown. I've heard this can be linked to G.E.R.D. as food is sometimes digested more quickly in people who suffer from it?
- Ear pain/ache. Again, I've heard this could be linked to sinus irritation caused by G.E.R.D.
Now I don't have intense pain but it is persistent. Rennie's calm it down and I was prescribed some acid neutralising drugs by a doctor which helped but the symptoms came back after Christmas when uni started again. Can the second set of symptoms I can't explain be linked to G.E.R.D.? Any advice or assurance would be great.
Thanks in advance.
Post Edited (fajita85) : 1/31/2011 10:18:50 AM (GMT-7)