Thanks for the information, but when I followed up with my physician he stated the following:
1) Zegerid is equivalent to ranitidine or zantac based upon its label.
2) It was more expensive (4*) than generic omeprazole, a drug equally effective.
3) My health plan had it as the highest copay.
4) Because I am on a sodium reduced diet I need to stay away from the product.
5) The product requires me to mix it with water.
Given the above, particularly the need to mix it with water and the price, I think I'll stay with Nexium. Thanks again anyway.