Hello and welcome to HealingWell. You could have Reflux but it feels a bit to me like you need to see an Ear, nose and throat specialist. Your problem could be related to your upper respiratory tact.
Acute sinusitis symptoms often include:
- Drainage of a thick, yellow or greenish discharge from the nose or down the back of the throat
- Nasal obstruction or congestion, causing difficulty breathing through your nose
- Pain, tenderness, swelling and pressure around your eyes, cheeks, nose or forehead
- Aching in your upper jaw and teeth
- Reduced sense of smell and taste
- Cough, which may be worse at night
If I had to guess, I would say you grandfather's sx were most likely from smoking.
Please remember that I am not a Dr.
Again welcome to the forum.
~~Kitt~~Moderator: Anxiety/Panic, Osteoarthritis, GERD/Heartburn and Heart/Cardiovascular Disease. www.healingwell.com"If you can't change the world, change your world"