question for you guys. Does "scents" ever make you have a flare up? Does exhaustion?

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

helpwantedplease
New Member


Date Joined Apr 2011
Total Posts : 10
   Posted 6/9/2011 1:12 AM (GMT -6)   
I noticed (unless I am being paranoid here) that very strong scents (perfumes/candles etc) can give me flare ups. I also can have an ok day, but if I stay up really late and become very tired, I get a flare up out of nowhere? Any of you have these issues?

helpwantedplease
New Member


Date Joined Apr 2011
Total Posts : 10
   Posted 6/9/2011 1:16 AM (GMT -6)   
I also want to add something here. I took some of your advice and drink my water at room temp now, and I have seen an improvement. Im a little late with my update. Unfortunately my days do not always allow a lot of internet time, and I want you all to know how much I appreciate everyones help here. This is a hard thing to battle and I've noticed that some people stick around and answer questions every day, when they could be doing something else with their time. Thanks so much for being a great support group.

couchtater
Elite Member


Date Joined Jul 2009
Total Posts : 14475
   Posted 6/9/2011 9:57 AM (GMT -6)   
Certain scents do make me ill, but then I have several allergies.
Joy

dencha
Forum Moderator


Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : 7188
   Posted 6/9/2011 10:38 AM (GMT -6)   
Hi HWP,
I'm glad that you have found some help here. That's why we stick around to help other...we found the same help when we needed it.

When I heard your question about strong scents, It made me think...ALLERGY. I get headaches when I am exposed to strong perfumes, etc. I wonder if it could be a similar reaction.

Just a thought.
Good luck getting to the bottom of the problem!
Denise

mudmagnetmum
Veteran Member


Date Joined Apr 2011
Total Posts : 1604
   Posted 6/11/2011 11:06 AM (GMT -6)   
Hi, yes feeling unwell after exposure to scents or strong odours makes me think of allergies too. It can also be an indication that your liver is not efficiently clearing chemicals out of your system ( from the naturopathic point of view) and you may find the herb milk thistle to be helpful. Also helpful is reducing the workload clearance wise, so less chemicals around the home, limit alcohol and moderate protein intake, and avoid foods that contain chemical colourings etc. You could also check whether any of the medications you are on affect liver function. You could have allergies or chemical sensitivities; allergies tend to manifest as sneezing, wheezing, itching etc ( though not confined to that) and chemical sensitivities tend to show as nausea, headaches, feeling ill around fumes e.g. After filling the car with petrol or using cleaning agents around the home.

Hope that helps!
New stuff: GERD. Interstitial Cystitis
Lifelong stuff: Food allergies, eczema, asthma
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, September 26, 2018 1:32 AM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 3,006,708 posts in 329,381 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 161845 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, StanInCA.
163 Guest(s), 1 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
jwebb