A quick update to my earlier post on my recent BE diagnosis.
The doctor called back saturday 4/7 and I asked if:
I had any dysplasia--answer no
any indefinite for dysplasia--answer no
any inflamation that might have made the pathology questionable--answer no
length of barretts muscosa--answer short (<3cm)
He added that my BE appeared to be borderline and some docs would have been reluctant to call it BE. He wouldn't be surprised on my next EGD to see the biopsy negative for barretts. I have read several reports that barretts does not regress without ablation, so I will not hold my breath for a negative report next year, but I do want to be more proactive on controling acid reflux. I'm taking prevacid every day but I still have to clear my throat often. Speaking of ablation, I asked if I should consider RFA and he said he doubted any doctor in the country would consider it in my case. I also asked if I were a candidate for fundoplication surgery and he thought not, but if I wanted to consult a surgeon I could but a PH test would have to confirm the need.
Wow, you sound like myself! If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Everything is identical... stage 1 IM, BE, 3cm, etc. I had my initial biopsies taken, 6 months later another set, and now I get to wait 3 years like you. The only difference is I without a doubt have BE. Almost sounds like we have the same doc from the wording you used haha! Any chance you live in FL?
My main concern is my age, I am 25. But I am pretty sure this has been going on since my early teens, just never did anything about
it. I am worried that I have a lot of time left for it to progress... can I be on PPI's forever? I know some studies showed they can have some negative effects to your bones.
I would love to talk to you some more because we are very similar!