Welcome to HealingWell and the GERD/Heartburn Forum.
You did not mention in your posts any life style changes you may have tried to help with your symptoms so I am going to list a few that members find helpful when dealing with the symptoms of GERD.
- Weight loss – if overweight
- Do not overeat
- Do not eat within 3 hours of bedtime and or do not lay down three hours after eating
- Raise the head of the bed on 6 inch blocks
- Limit intake of high fat foods and other foods such as: citrus fruit, chocolate, peppermint, tomatoes based food, coffee, drinks with caffeine, fatty and fried foods, garlic, onions, mint flavorings, spicy foods, tomato-based foods, like spaghetti sauce, chili, and pizza
- Stop smoking
- Do not drink alcohol
- Eat small meals
- Wear loose-fitting clothes
I hope you continue to keep posting here in the forum as you will find the members to be very helpful.
~~Kitt~~Moderator: Anxiety, Osteoarthritis,
GERD/Heartburn and Heart/Cardiovascular Disease. www.healingwell.com"only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be"