Hi all, so glad to have found a site with some positive information about
having the fundoplication. I am scheduled for surgery on April 30th in Boston. Have had GERD for more years then I care to count, progressively getting worse, now time for surgery. Hopefully this will bring some relief. The info on this site has been tremendously helpful as I was going to cancel my surgery after reading other sites with some seriously negative experiences. But now I feel at least more knowledgeable about
what to expect. My question now is this. I am scheduled on the 30th. I have a trip to Disneyworld already planned and paid for with my family in June. At that time I will be exactly 7 weeks postop. Do you think that is enough time to take a trip like that. I have never had a negative experience with surgery and usually heal pretty well so I am not anticipating any complications with this surgery. Just not sure if 7 weeks is enough time. If I postpone I will have to wait until July and with my symptoms of pain, burning, lump in throat, cannot sleep through the night, living on three different meds to quiet it down, it doesn't seem like postponing is an option. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.