I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise, and possibly calm me down…
Sorry if this is a long post…I have had GERD for close to 15-20yrs now, I have had 2 Endo’s , one in 99, and another in 2004, both showed Hiatial Hernia, some mild irritation. I have taken Prilosec or other brand names almost this whole time. I am 37yrs old, about 20lbs overweight.
It seems that since 2007, every 2-3 years I have an “Episode” of reflux that lasts for a few weeks, then slowly passes, and when it comes it is unbearable….so my question is, for all of you sufferers out there, does anyone go through this, aand do the following symptoms sound familiar?
1. Excess gas and pressure on the LES.
2. Lump in throat
3. Chest pain, sometimes an ache, sometimes a burn.
4. When swallowing food (like a bit of a sandwich, or meat) a feeling of a painful “spasm” that takes about 15-20 seconds to pass and let the food down.
5. Feeling like your swallowing sandpaper or gravel.
6. Feeling like food is stuck or something is there even when dry swallowing.
7. Hearing a slight gurgle sound when drinking water, like the last part of the awater down the tub (not that loud), but feeling / hearing it in the throat.
This has been me for a solid week now…I had a colosocpoy on 4/27, I did not take my prilosec that day due to the cleans, when I woke up I had no voice and my throat felt burned, those 2 things have passed, but my espophagus and stomach feel wrecked.
To be honest I am deathly afraid I have esophageal cancer at this point. Does anyone else here go through this?
I switched from Omeprazole (sold generic by Kaiser Permanente) to Prevacid OTC, it seems to make things worse, also tried Rantinadine with it just got worse, am I read all over the net about natualr cures, low acid being the cause ect, I am very confused now, I have an appt with gastro, but its not until 6/14, will I die from this before that?
Do others worry they have cancer? If you have Barretts does it mean you WILL get cancer?
Thanks for your time all of you who read this…I am in agony, I cant eat or sleep, and I am having constant panic feelings….