If you've got GERD/acid reflux/ gastritis, you've no doubt been dragged into a dark hole by it more than once. I'm hovering on the brink right now, having to stop my PPI due to some serious side effects. Perhaps it helps to remember the "good" things about
GERD, like -
* Without GERD you'd never have known that you could survive without tea, coffee or alcohol
* Your GERD has probably brought you new friends, both here and in the outside world. With chronic illness you find out who your real friends are.
* You've probably experimented with some foods you never would have bothered with before, or may even have not heard of!
* Your diet is healthier than it was before, your arteries are whistle clean and you can walk past MacD's with your head held high.
* You've tried a whole range of naturopathic products - your GERD may be the same but the rest of your insides are probably glowing!
* You've taken your GERD places you never thought you would - on holiday (on honeymoon Erica!), to work, to a party, on a plane - I took mine on a school trip today! And you survived .....
God bless GERD ...... and bring it to an end soon!!
New stuff: GERD, Recurrent cystitis/Overactive bladder
Lifelong stuff: Food allergies/intolerance, eczema, asthma