I had a nissen in June 2010 (albeit it failed in Jul2011), anyhow for years I had the following:-
1. A lot of mucus at back of throat
2. Several incidences of tonsilitis
3. Sinus infections at least 3-4 times per year
4. Waking up with a thick mucus plug at back of throat where nasal passage joins throat
5. Sore throat where nasal passages meet throat
Anyhow I never really complained about these to the doctor except when I had very bad cases of sinus infections that did not clear up after 7-10 days. Accompanied with this was reflux again which I just put down to bad eating habits until I ended up in hospital with gastritis and the doctors diagnosed acid issues that were treated with PPI's. My question is are these symptoms above the same as anyone with post nasal drip (something I had never heard of before)? I had the above symptoms for years without doing anything about them and had bouts of refulx during this time, what has pleasently surprised me is that on my last gastroscopy the consultant said my stomach and upper GI look reasonably healthy so any reflux I had over the years was not damaging too much.
Any experiences would be appreciated.