Hello Everyone. I am new to the forum. I am schedule for surgery 7 Dec 12 for a toupett (partial) wrap, base on my testing this is what my surgeon thinks is best for me. I am very worried about the whole thing. I read everything I can get my hands on but still feel like I don't know everything I need to know.
Point One: I have no thyroid (Hashimoto), it was taken out back in 93. I am overweight and lack excerise. I do not smoke nor drink. I have been alot of left side hip, chest and leg pain which one of my thyroid drs thought it might be lyme disease she order a test and stated it came back positive (15 Oct) I was not convince on the results, but took the doxy (antibotic) for almost three weeks. The treatment made me anger, upset and ill.
I decided to asked for a Infectious Disease dr. Who ran a bunch of test in which all came back negative. That was the good part the bad part was taking meds I didn't need. Now I am hoping I don't get any side effects from taking so much antibotics.
Point TwO: I still have the left side pain. I read all the good things the surgery does once you give it time. However, all agree with the shoulder, rib and bloating pain. If I can't get the pain on my left side resolve I fear that I will be in greater pain than I have too. Bringing this up with my drs.
Point Three: I don't have alot of sick time so how long will I be out? I do computer work, no lifting or anything to hard at work. I do walk alot but that seems to be good for the pain. I also work with a bunch of drs and a great hospital is just across the street if I need any ER help. So is one week to bold?
Point Four: Should I push back my surgery for a couple of months until I get my left side under control. The toupett surgery is not a life or death measure. Or should I push forward. My cardio and psych dr thing I should and of course the dr who is doing the toupet. Still have this gut feeling or waiting.
I just need some guidance to make the right choice. I hope the wrap club can help.