Hi. First a bit about me. I've had episodes of LPR following upper respiratory infections over the past 15 years. I have that whole stress cycle thing worrying about the cough which makes it worse. This is the first time an episode occurred after horrible gastritis and a month later four days of nausea. I think there was a perfect storm of bad eating, bad cold and laying down a lot. The only difference now is a lot more mucous pooling in my trachea. I never felt i was coughing up anything but now i am. I'm hopeful because except for raising the bed i've been doing everything right, including low acid diet, staying upright pretty much all the time unless it's three hours after dinner and trying to reduce stress. I also do nasal irrigation and only drink Alkaline water (who knows if it will help but it does make me feel better in general). I am hoping to get an appointment with Jaimie Kaufman in the near future. Here are my questions.
1. can chronic NSAID use have caused this?
2. Is there any way to thin out the mucous so I don't choke/cough/clear my throat so much.
3. Is it possible that I get more mucous production immediately after a meal?
4. Is there a chance i can ever drink wine again if i'm otherwise watching my diet and is there a way of drinking it that is safer?
5. Is there any way of clearing the mucous in the trachea without coughing when you get that biting tickle?
6. Is it common to have it come and go over the course of your life without actually treating it, can it just come and go on it's own? That's what seems to happen to me. 6 months cycles with about two years in between.
Thanks I hope someone with experience will help me. I actually had a good day today. But i've been really depressed, disconnected and of course quiet - this cough is turning me into a hermit!