So i just did some researh...since i was diagnosed i still having trouble believing that I have lpr. When i got my endoscopy the dr told me everything looked fine accept the irritation on my voicebox(redness, a little swelling). I did some research on your body being too acidic and i had many of the symtons. One of the symptons was chronic throat infections. Since he didnt see anything with endoscopy im now wondering if im too acidic, and maybe my LES is fine.
Here are symptons of your body too acidic:
1. Lack of energy, constant fatigue, loss of physical tone and psychic drive, sensation of heaviness in the limbs, feelings of inability to cope.
2. Lower body temperature; frequently feels cold.
3. Tendency to get infections.
4. Loss of drive, joy and enthusiasm.
5. Depressive tendencies.
6. Nervousness, agitation without cause, hyperactivity, sensitivity to high-pitched noises and easily stressed.
7. Very pale face.
9. Eyes tear easily.
11. Inflammation of the corneas and eyelids.
12. Acidic saliva.
13. Loose teeth.
14. Inflamed, sensitive gums.
15. Mouth ulcers.
16. Cracks at the corners of the lips.
17. Recurring infections of throat and tonsils.
18. Teeth are sensitive to hot, cold or acidic foods.
19. Teeth have a tendency to crack or chip.
20. Pain in the nerves of the teeth.
21. Excess stomach acid.
22. Acid regurgitation.
25. Nails are thin and split and break easily.
26. Hair looks dull, has split ends, and falls out.
27. Dry skin.
28. Skin tends to be irritated in regions where there are heavy concentrations of sweat.
I experince almost all of these symptons. So would this maybe what is going on with me..since the GI said everything looked fine.....or would he need to do more testing to see if my LES is messed up. Also i read that eating protein and healthier foods low in acid can strengthin your LES. this makes sense that not only surgery would do this beause look at the Kaufman diet...its the "Cure" LPR and Gerd. Please let me know your thoughts.