how long does esophageal burn due to Disc battery ingestion heal?

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

sheharyar
New Member


Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 1
   Posted 1/8/2013 7:04 AM (GMT -6)   
Hi,
My son (2 years) ingested a lithium disc battery 20mm. The battery was removed through  endoscopy after 6 hours. The doctor reported a first degree burn in the esophagus. We did not feed him anything for almost 48 hours under the supversion of doctor. Now he's being given liquids only, water, milk and some mild diluted juices. Although we are constantly consulting a doctor but i wanted an opinion as to how long does it take such a burn to heal. Just to mention that its been 2 days since we are giving him liquids and he's shown no signs of vomit, or cough or any other  kind of problem.
 
 
thank you in advance.

mudmagnetmum
Veteran Member


Date Joined Apr 2011
Total Posts : 1604
   Posted 1/8/2013 2:02 PM (GMT -6)   
Ah poor baby! I would listen to the doctors - and they may not be able to be very precise as to how long, but I would expect a week to 10 days? Can you get any aloe vera down him? I would find fruit juice quite acidic on a sore throat - can he have smoothies instead?

MMM
New stuff: GERD, Recurrent cystitis/Overactive bladder
Lifelong stuff: Food allergies/intolerance, eczema, asthma
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Thursday, September 20, 2018 1:49 AM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 3,004,990 posts in 329,186 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 161755 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, SwollenColon93.
248 Guest(s), 4 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Sarge 83, whatdoigotDOC!, Girlie, Alex ArmPain