I'm finally to the point where my doctor has recommended surgery, and I'm both relieved and terrified. I'd much rather go with the Linx and have a few questions for those who have had the procedure.
1. Did your surgeon insist that you have tests repeated? (I've had a barium swallow, 2 endoscopies manometry, and 24 ph test. I'd rather not repeat these, especially not the last two.)
2. How many times did you have to physically meet with your surgeon before the surgery? (I'm in Northern VA and the closest facility is near Philadelphia, PA.)
2. Are there any tests required that I did not list above? (I think the only thing I'm possibly missing is a swallowing study....)
3. Did insurance cover the costs of the procedure (in the US)? (I've read some people have had success with United Healthcare, while other haven't.)
4. Did you have a lump in throat sensation or tightness in your throat and did the Linx resolve that symptom?
5. Did you have a hiatal hernia? (I have a small one, about 2 cm.)
Thanks to everyone here who has posted about their surgery. It really has given me hope that I can feel normal again.