I am a middle-aged male with a long history of GERD, Gastritis and IBS along with GAD (which I understand can be associated with GERD), and Panic Disorder. Anyway, I've been dealing with the GERD since I was a teenager. I have a lot of other things wrong with me but thats for another post :) .
I've also had a number of colonoscopies and endoscopies over the years and polyps are always found and removed. The last time I had a colonoscopy I was told that I had Diverticulosis. Then, about
a week ago I had an endoscopy and the report said that...
1) The nasopharynx was normal.
2) There was an LA Grade A mucosal break less than 5mm but not extending between the tops of two mucosal folds.
3) Reflux esophagitis was found in the lower third of the esophagus
4) A small hiatus hernia was found.
6) Diffuse moderate inflammation characterized by erythema was found in the gastric body and the gastric antrum.
7) Diffuse moderately erythematous mucosa was found in the second part of the duodenum.
* Acute gastritis.
3-4 biopsies were taken for testing and histology. I was told to have another endoscopy in 2 months (I usually only have one every year or so).
My symptoms over the years (which have gotten progressively worse) are...
1) Abdomen feels sore (like I've been punched in the stomach) after doing housework or bending over (especially vaccuming) for long periods of time.
2) Leaning with my belly against something even slightly makes it feel like my stomach is coming up through my throat and makes it difficult to breath.
3) Mild esophageal spasms that are not painful and not triggered by eating or drinking anything (I get these from time to time).
4) Mild to moderate pain/pressure at times in the top part of my chest and around my collarbone (just kind of achey).
5) Lots of acid reflux, heartburn, "waterbrash", I drink a LOT of milk each day (lowfat) and take TUMS to put out the "fire".
6) Throat feels tight, constricted, lump in throat feeling, clicking sensation, swallowing a lot at times, etc.
Do any (or all) of these symptoms sound familiar to anyone here?. What do the initial test results/findings mean?. I've lived with many of these conditions/symptoms most of my life. A few have been getting progressively worse over the years. A few have just recently been discovered as a result of my recent endoscopy. I have been under TONS of stress for over a year now and have faced a number of crises in my life (a few nearly caused me to have a nervous breakdown). Could that have caused some of this?.
Thanks so much for your input!.
Post Edited (Sethp) : 2/16/2013 5:56:13 PM (GMT-7)