Posted 9/12/2013 4:47 PM (GMT -6)
saltine crackers and 7 up was my best friends.
1. sleep elevated (with your head up)
2. laying on your left side while sleeping with head elevated
3. avoid caffeine, chocolate, peppermints
4. chew sugar-free gum 30min after meal
5. eat small, and frequent meals
6. Maalox and Mylanta are safe as anti-acids since they don't go in the bloodstream
7. H2 blockers Zantac, Pepcid and Tagamet are effective. While they are absorbed into the bloodstream, studies have not showed adverse effects on the fetus
8. Nexium, Aciphex and Prevacid has not been studied so there is no data on if it is safe while pregnant
9. Keep diary of foods and drinks and times and when acid reflux hit - to find what the culprit is
I get worse symptoms with iced tea during evenings, bananas in evenings, soda in evenings and some kinds of toast (ie: toast with jam). Before you do anything contact your doctor cuz you don't wanna bring harm in the bundle of joy. I happen to be learning a lot about this because I recently started going to genetic counceling. We want kids, but not sure with all our health problems if it will be medically safe. When crackers and 7up were my best friends, I miscarried in first trimester. Normally don't mention it to anyone.
~Moderator - Allergies & Asthma , Alzheimer's~
"The Walking Medical Mystery"/~Medical Caregiver and Doctors Worse Nightmare~/ DX: Lactose Intolerance, Gluten Sensitive, ADD, Fibromyalgia, Carpel Tunnel, Arthritis, Clasterphobia, Anxiety, Diabetes Type II, Grave's Disease, Tachycardia, GERD, PCOS, Migraines, UARS, Anterior Scleritis, Orbital Tumor, Bursitus