I've got good news, bad news and a heap of questions. The good news is I got a referral for a manometry and 24 hour pH probe. The bad news is it's a single probe test, and not at the hospital I requested. I chose a hospital that specialised in double probes so that I can diagnose LPR, and even contacted Restech themselves about
where to get their probe tests done in the UK.
Now I'm terrified I'll get false-negative results like everyone else with LPR. If I do that's the end of the investigation and I'll be struck off with anxiety. It's virtually official as I'm already in the bad books of my doctor and family after pressing so much; I stand to lose all I've struggled for if I get fake results. I therefore badly need some help with these questions, please!
- If the Manometry shows my LES and UES work properly, how far does that go in disproving LPR?
- Am I within my rights to object to the type of test being done, and where it takes place? If I am, how should I word my objections?
- If both tests come back negative, could I still be eligible for LINX surgery?
- In the event I somehow get a positive result for LPR, who can I go to for help in coming to terms with it? My greatest fear in life is getting a lifelong illness, and LPR has already severely reduced my quality of life; I'm worried a diagnosis will drive me over the edge...
- I'm no good at swallowing things whole! Will I be ok in this test? Gotta admit I'm scared stiff about
it already, right version or not, but I'll be more determined about
it if I can be sure it'll show something.
I just refuse to accept anxiety as the sole cause of my horrid symptoms at this point, after a whole year of suffering but if I don't do something ASAP, nobody will ever believe I have LPR. They denied the evidence in my rapid spit test and refuse to believe in Dr Kouffman's research, so this is my only shot to prove I AM suffering. Please help any way that you can, I'll be very grateful and would hope to return the favour if I can..!
Post Edited (Daxter) : 11/23/2013 2:27:58 PM (GMT-7)