I'm just trying to figure out what is going on with me. I've had a chronic sore throat (it feels dry, sometimes sore (like when you have a cold) since May of last year. First ENT I went to took a look down throat, telling me it was a 3 out of 4 irritated, and gave me the diagnosis of LPR/Gerd. Well, I have had not Gerd symptoms. None. The only symptom I have is the sore throat, very dry mouth at night. My eyes are also dry. (Tested negative for Sjrogen's disease). As far as the globus feeling, I don't know. I wouldn't describe it as feeling like a lump, maybe just irritated. Because I had the 24 hour impedance, and that is definitely a lump sensation.
This all started after extreme clean eating for 6 weeks (30 pound weight loss)., not the normal beginning. Which again makes me question the LPR diagnosis. No history of heartburn, and out of the blue, this.
1. 2 different naturopaths
2. A couple of visits to General Practitioner (no point to that)
2. All the diets you're supposed to (kaufman)
3. fasting, (doesn't seem to make any difference what I eat)
4. Probiotics, DGL, HCL, (all that stuff)
5. All the natural remedies...
7. Bodytalk therapy (tapping)
8. Upper Endoscopy (GI) -- results negative
9. 24 hour impedance monitoring (ph test) -- negative
10. Vitamin D (my vitamin D score was low at 30)
Just ordered the peptest. I don't really want to go to another ENT until I have more evidence as I feel the LPR diagnosis is so rampant in the ENT community. I don't want to be in denial either.
I dont' know the next step to figuring this out. All I know is that every day and every night I have pain/discomfort in the throat. After 1 year, no change? No fluctuations? I don't get it. I'm stumped.
Any ideas? Also, does anyone know of a good ENT in the Portland, Oregon area? One that is actually willing to work with you, and not blow you off. I want to get to the cause, not just a stupid LPR diagnosis.