Quick background - Crohn's for almost 3 years, when I was originally diagnosed I had duodenal ulcers from NSAID use as well. about 6 months later I remember having a fairly bad reflux episode that eventually went away with Prilosec, Carafate, and dietary changes.
Now I think I'm having a new episode but it seems like it's been so long that the symptoms are causing me a lot of health anxiety (thanks chronic illness!), and I wanted to see if it sounds similar to other's experiences. Hearing similar experiences seems to put my mind at ease and I will call my GI first thing Monday. For starters I had a "cold" about a month ago that threw me all out of balance anxiety wise, and I was put on a new med, Mirtazapine, so I don't know if that could play into it also.
Symptoms (not constant)
- I'm a mouth breather at night, I try to sleep elevated but I don't know how well I'm doing it.
- Dry mouth/ throat in the mornings, usually followed by mucus / coughing when I drink.
- Lump in throat, sometimes above the adams apple, but usually below.
- Tightness/ pressure in the esophageal area between my throat and bottom of my sternum. Sometimes radiating out.
- Feel like I have congestion in the throat area and try to clear my throat a lot.
This all started after my brief illness (one month) and I was not having any issues since the last episode which was almost 2 years ago. But the main things that bother me are the tightness and the times where I feel like I need to clear my throat. I can swallow fine, and don't have any troubles eating.
Thanks in advance.
34 - DX 06/11 with Crohn's Disease
Meds - Remicade, Lisinopril, Mirtazapine, Xanax as needed
Supp - Fish Oil, Niacin